Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

Wow! It's 2015! I'm so excited for what's going to happen this year! My plan or goals are to be on a healthy diet and enjoy everyday and not waste any time doing nothing. I want to really think about my studying habits and what I want to do in the future. Also, start a part-time job and save money!

Okay, so my first post for this year is about a restaurant review article and a video about a review which is totally different from the article.

So, the article was about a restaurant in Winchester and a guy name Rick Stein started it. The reviewer's name is John Walsh and he is a writer and a commentator. This restaurant has mainly fish and seafood dishes. He says the inside atmoshpere is very relaxing with white-topped tables, sea scenes on display, cushiony banquettes, and copper lamps hung over. The waiters and waitresses are bright-eyed and welcoming, and they rush over to bring water, bread, and menus. Some menus include salt & pepper squid, hake which is a well roasted white fish, and dover sole. It looked like he was satisfied with the friendly service and stlye but he said "only a heavy hand with the butter let the kitchen down".
 This was probably the first time for me to read an actual review from a professional point of view so it was really interesting to read it.

Next, I would like to talk about the video which was about a restaurant in DISNEY! And in Florida! It's my dream to go there! The restaurant's name is Be Our Guest Restaurant. The video showed how it's like inside the restaurant and it was beautiful. The theme was the princess story Beauty and the Beast, which is one of my favorites and there are 3 different rooms. The food dishes are French inspired with a little Disney touch and it looked delicious. But I wished they showed more of the food choices than the surroundings.
Watching this video made me want to go there even more! Someday, I'll definitely make this come true.

I'll post the video below for everyone to watch it. I recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Both of your analyses of the reviews (or ad in the case of the Disney one) were very good. The reviewer of the restaurant in Winchester thought the kitchen had a "heavy hand" with the butter, but lovers of rich buttery food may have thought otherwise, which shows how much the individual taste of the reviewer affects the review.

    ReplyDelete