Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Restaurant Review Assignment


Dining Café Home

Reviewed by Moe Yamamoto and Miyo Shinozawa
 
 

 

A Secret Hiding Restaurant

              Even I got lost finding the restaurant and took a while to notice it. But when I found it, I thought what a cute, quiet and peaceful place and got really excited. Totally different atmosphere from the many people and big road of Omotesando, when it is just a few meters away. In the front of the restaurant, there is a narrow path that you have to walk down, which gives you an excitement to the entrance. And before you walk down the path, there are colorful signs, and a menu stand which was really easy to understand.

              When you start walking down the path, the restaurant staff notices you and they open the door saying “welcome” with a warm smile and a bright voice. Inside the restaurant was decorations that make you remind of Christmas and the holiday seasons. There were 8 little tables each with 2 seats, and the table cloths were alternately red and green. Since there were only a few customers, we were able to choose our seats. Next to the table was a little basket to put our bags in and I thought that was really nice. As we soon as we sat down, the waitress came to our table and set waters and menus. It was lunch time and there were 3 main dishes and I chose the Steak Hamburg Plate with rice, while my friend, Miyo, chose the Boiled Seafood Cream Pasta. We also ordered drinks and they came within 2-3 minutes. We also were served welcome drinks, which was plum juice, and that was a happy surprise. Our dishes arrived no more than probably 5 minutes. The first thing I noticed about my plate was that the rice was not white rice. It had a light purplish color and I found out they use mixture of 16 different grains in the rice. The salad was crispy and fresh, the dressing was perfect with the vegetables. The French fries were just the right saltiness, hard on the outside, soft in the inside. Finally, the hamburg steak. It was a little hot at first, but I was able to forget about that as soon as I put it in my mouth. It was big and thick, and the meat was soft and tender and juicy, also the sauce was perfect with the steak and it was heavenly. A taste I never had before. The pasta that Miyo ate, she said it was delicious and creamy.

              The service, food, atmosphere, everything was perfect. I was able to have a really relaxing and fun time. It’s a restaurant that I definitely want to come back to again and also tell all of my friends.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a well-written review, Moe. I especially like your description of the approach to the restaurant and how you were welcomed. Your photos really make the food look tasty and creative. You should consider submitting your review to a free weekly magazine, such as Tokyo Notice Board. They might ask you to describe more of the dishes in detail.

    Your jelly bean background image is vivid and cool. Ronald Reagan made jelly beans famous in the US because he loved them so much that he always had them on his desk in the Oval Office.

    ReplyDelete